Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I started my spring cleaning today, it seem like I just did fall cleaning. I started with my house plants and they are a little upset with me. It was 31 degrees when I sat them on the back porch (in the sun) and really flushed them with water. After that I put them back inside and found them new spots. I think I may have upset a couple little spiders doing all this. Oh well, better the spiders than me!!
The robins received a treat this morning. The bird bath was frozen so I put some hot water in it and they thought they had their own private sauna.. The water that was draining off the porch from the plants they enjoyed as well.. I stood inside the kitchen window and watched them play.. Also a hawk made off with a black bird. I may not really like all the black birds that hog the feeder, but I didn't like to see death in my back yard either..
Yah, I know, I'm just an old softy when it comes to the wild life. I think the fox that goes through my back yard may have had a romantic encounter. She is looking a bit chubby, if you know what I mean..
Time to get back to my writing, Janie is waiting anxiously to be released.

No comments: