Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Delusions

In my bio for Yessy, I stated that I would reveal later, why I thought I had a painting in Heaven. True confession time.


Just shortly after I had started going to art and craft shows, I was told by several people my prices were to low. So I raised them. A priest that often walked through the mall had always taken the time to stop and see what was new. He noticed that my prices had gone up and so he told me,"Before you become famous, and I can't afford your prices, I will take the etching of the 5 most recognized light houses of North Carolina."


A couple years passed and I happened to recognize the priest, once again checking out my art. I asked if he was enjoying the wood ectching. He replied, "Oh I didn't buy it for myself, I bought the painting for my boss." I stood there with my mouth hanging wide open, and gazing upwards toward heaven. About that time I felt a punch in my ribs, and a voice behind me said, "I don't think he means that high up." Needless to say my face turned bright red, and the priest smiled and winked as if to say, "I'm going to make you wonder."


I am still holding on to my first thoughts. Of coarse my husband helps my vision by saying, "Just be glad you didn't have to pay the freight."


Authored by:

Sylvia Outlaw

1 comment:

Stan said...

Hi Sylvia,

Came across your interesting blog
while surfing Linkcrew.

I love art (paintings, music, etc)
too. And am also a lover of nature,
plant and flowers (orchid especially).
I've bookmarked your blog.
Please take a look at mine:
http://yangtzethreegorges.blogspot.com
http://internetmarketing-schee.blogspot.com

All the best.

Chee